Monday, July 26, 2010

Ok everyone! Here is my final project for my class. Now...I know there are a lot of web tools out there, but I needed something that I can easily maintain during my school year. I chose to create a wiki site that could house all of my important information/documents for my parents and students to use whenever they needed to use them. I have a page for all of our subjects and on each page parents and students can leave comments or questions they may have. In the science/social studies areas I will be leaving weekly/chapter topic questions and the students will need to respond. They will be graded on their responses/participation to our discussions. I have invited the parents also to write questions or comments also to further and deepen our discussions. I think this will be an awesome and engaging tool for our classroom community. This includes parents too! This space will change as our subject topics change...this will take time to update, but nothing compared to the time I had been wasting with my other website. This is a very organized place for students/parents to use. Yeah! I'm happy with my project!
Check it out! http://clement4thgrade.pbworks.com
What do you think? Easy to use? Any additional ideas?

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, and loaded up already! I think the navigation is straightforward, I like as few layers as possible. I get lost easily I think! I think it's great that you will include parents, it will probably be interesting to see how that works--especially when parents realize that everyone can read their comments. Since you are asking parents to participate, you could showcase those who might be willing to share some expertise in an area you are covering. Or maybe have a grandparent share a story related to a social studies topic. To me, the most telling comment is that it will be so much better than your old webpage. I hate keeping up my webpage, and it's not interactive or collaborative. Looks fun, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Your page was easy to navigate, which is important for your age group. I hope your parents use it because it will be such a great resource. I’m sure more than one of your students forgets their spelling sheets at home. Really sell it on “Back to School” nights or parent teacher conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the set up of your wiki. Having separate pages for all your subjects, newsletter, etc. is a great idea. I also liked how you already have the newsletter links already ready to go so parents know where to look. The first one looks great! You're way ahead of the game for the school year! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete