Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week 5- Blogs and Wikis
I have come to the conclusion for my final project that I am going to create a learning/communicating environment for students and parents to work with. I haven't decided which I am going to use quite yet...wiki or a blog, but I do have some great ideas of what I am going to include in either one. I may actually do both! I have enjoyed finding my way around a lot of different blogs and reading a lot of information out there. I think my students would really benefit and enjoy having a place to have their own science chats. I may give them some prompts or questions they need to answer and they can communicate with eachother. I would like to invite parents to also get involved so they can see their child's comments and comment back. What an awesome way to communicate! The kids are so interested in technology and putting science and technology together is super simple as I am learning in this web tools class.
I also would like to create a wiki page that keeps my important information or study sheets so that students can study before hand and that they have all of that important information any time they need it. We can work together on projects with out having to do it all at school. Students can work together without having to go over to eachothers houses. These kids like to learn online and pretty much doing whatever they can on the computer! This truely motivates them and I am TOTALLY excited to start building my blog and/or wiki for my students~!

1 comment:

  1. Getting parents involved would be a great way for them to know what their child is learning about in school, most of my students won't talk to their parents about school :) I also think this is going to be a big motivator. I've started working on my Ning network and could spend hours upon hours creating it - good thing we have some time before school starts.

    ReplyDelete