Monday, July 5, 2010

Voicethread, Glogster, and File Conversions

I have used Glogster before and so have my students. I like this site! My students had another teacher for Social Studies and she had them each do a glogster of a state of their choice. They were studying the different regions of the United States and they chose one state to do a glogster on. They had certain criteria they had to include on it, but these were awesome. I was team teaching with this teacher last year, but I will be doing social studies on my own this year and I plan to use her idea of this project and use glogster myself this year. I can see myself using it in other subject areas as well.
Voicethread- My administrator has shown us some important downloading techniques using Jing. I am going to use this to set up some important directions when exploring the internet. At the beginning of the year I will take my students to the computer lab and go through some basics and I will have this recorded through Jing. This will help my students learn the basics. I'm sure I can use it for many more things, but that is just the first thing I want to try.
Converting Files--our school blocks a lot of websites. I was told that we would be able to use YouTube if we conferted it to a certain file and bring it to school on a USB port and try it. I have not done this, but I am really interested in trying this out. I understand a lot of our web restrictions, but there are some AMAZING teaching tools out there that I need to be able to use. So this one I am definately going to dabble in :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment