Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week 4 tool exploration:
As I was going through exploring some new web tools I found a great website. Go to http://www.getdropbox.com/. This website will let you keep all of your files on the web and be able to get them when ever you need them. Instead of always having to have YOUR computer now you can get on any computer any where and be able to get to work. This is going to be great for being at home working on lessons and not having to email them to myself at work! I'm getting started immediately!
I am also working on creating a webquest working with Google Earth. This will let my students be able to virtually see places in their community and around the world.
I have used online simulations for my schooling and have also brought in the classroom. I am lucky enough to have a SmartBoard in my classroom that lets the students be involved in the actual simulations. They really enjoy them and I will continue to look for more!
I found Create A Graph very cool! I am anxious to use this with my math class and use it in science also. I think this will really engage students and deepen understanding on why and how we use graphs.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the getdropbox reference! I will have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try out the getdropbox. I have been frustrated with not being able to get to my teacher drives on my school laptop, and this would solve the issue!

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete