Monday, July 5, 2010

Wiki

Ok...I'm thinking I may be able to use a Wiki for my classroom! Our school has a website and our administrator likes us to have a webpage for our classroom. On my website I have a lot of cool links and I let the parents know what we are doing chapter to chapter for all of our subjects. I post our weekly spelling tests and vocabulary words. I am noticing that my website is very limited compared to a Wiki and I could organize everything easier through a Wiki. I would also like to post science or other questions as extra credit or something and have them be able to post and talk to other students...that's social networking right??? One problem I face during the year is that it's hard to find time to maintain my website although...I AM getting better and better each year and I have all my files saved and ready to link now. So...I think a Wiki would be easier to manage and just have a link to my Wiki on my classroom website...what do you think everyone??? Do you think it will be easy and manageable for me?

1 comment:

  1. I think a wiki is a great idea! You could also allow your students to post info and links on it. Sometimes my students amaze me at the little facts they know by watching the discovery channel. This would give them ownership in the site and maybe spark their interest a little more.

    ReplyDelete